Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from the Weekend magazine's FOOD column on Moroccan recipes dated April 8th'2005. Enjoy!
- 2 cups large dried broad beans, soaked for 24 hours and then skinned
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the beans, garlic and cumin in a pot.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook on medium heat for 50 minutes or until the beans are cooked.
- Drain, but reserve the water.
- Put the beans and the remaining ingredients, except the paprika, corriander leaves and pomegranate seeds, in a food processor.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the bottom part of the reserved water with the sediment and puree.
- Place the puree in a pot and heat.
- Spread on a serving plate.
- Garnish with corriander leaves and pomegranate seeds.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.