Recipe by Sackville
The original recipe for this came from Sybil Kapoor's Simply British cookbook, but she used mint. I favour dill but of course you could use whatever takes your fancy at the time. A lovely salad when broad beans come out in early summer and also hearty enough that you could take it to work for lunch.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or 1 tablespoon pureed roasted garlic
- 3 -4 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin is best)
- 1 lb fresh young broad bean, shelled
- 4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200 g feta cheese
- 20 black olives, pitted
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the garlic, dill, vinegar and olive oil.
- Season to taste.
- Boil some water in a pan and throw in the beans.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes until tender, then drain and cool slightly.
- Mix the beans with the rest of the ingredients and the vinaigrette.
- Leave a few hours to let the flavours mix.