Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Australian Women's Weekly
Make and share this Broad Bean , Bacon, Parmesan and Sage Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1419.54 ml chicken stock
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 473.18 ml arborio rice
- 6 bacon, slices halved
- 118.29 ml cream
- 236.59 ml finely grated parmesan cheese
- 250 g frozen broad beans, thawed,shelled
- 14.79 ml coarsely chopped fresh sage leaf
- 118.29 ml flaked parmesan cheese
- Bring stock and wine to a boil in medium saucepan; reduce heat, cover, keep hot.
- Heat oil in large saucepan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Add rice, stir to coat in oil mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup of the stock mixture; cook over low heat, stirring, until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding stock mixture, in 1-cup batches, stirring, until absorbed after each addition.
- Total cooking time should be about 35 minutes or until rice is just tender.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon under heated grill until browned and crisp on both sides.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in cream, grated cheese, beans and sage; stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with bacon and flaked cheese.