From the Australian Women's Weekly
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 6 bacon, slices halved
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 250 g frozen broad beans, thawed,shelled
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh sage leaf
- 1/2 cup flaked parmesan cheese
- 1Bring stock and wine to a boil in medium saucepan; reduce heat, cover, keep hot.
- 2Heat oil in large saucepan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft.
- 3Add rice, stir to coat in oil mixture.
- 4Stir in 1 cup of the stock mixture; cook over low heat, stirring, until liquid is absorbed.
- 5Continue adding stock mixture, in 1-cup batches, stirring, until absorbed after each addition.
- 6Total cooking time should be about 35 minutes or until rice is just tender.
- 7Meanwhile, cook bacon under heated grill until browned and crisp on both sides.
- 8Remove pan from heat, stir in cream, grated cheese, beans and sage; stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- 9Serve topped with bacon and flaked cheese.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broad Bean , Bacon, Parmesan and Sage Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (654 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 926.6
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 1486.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves