Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Your guests may will think you spent a lot longer in the kitchen on this one. If you like chocolate and toffee, this one will be hard for you to resist
- nonstick cooking spray
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt together sugar and butter to a rolling boil.
- While sugar/butter mixture is melting, spread a jelly roll pan with foil and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Line the foil with 1 layer of saltines.
- Once the butter/sugar is to a rolling boil, pour over the crackers and pop into to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- As soon as you remove them from the oven, pour the chocolate chips over the top, wait about 1 minute and spread the chocolate with a knife. Let them cool, if you can wait that long.
These things are insanely addicting! I may not have cooked the sugar/butter mix long enough but it didn't really matter - they still taste awesome :) I used Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate and Club crackers instead of saltines. There was no indication of what size pan to use but I've seen similar recipes that use a 15x10 jelly roll pan so that's what I used. After adding the chocolate, I stuck the pan back in the oven for 1 minute to help melt the chocolate, then spread it out. Thanks so much for the recipe!