Recipe by tantibaci
Your guests may will think you spent a lot longer in the kitchen on this one. If you like chocolate and toffee, this one will be hard for you to resist
Top Review by flower7
These things are insanely addicting! I may not have cooked the sugar/butter mix long enough but it didn't really matter - they still taste awesome :) I used Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate and Club crackers instead of saltines. There was no indication of what size pan to use but I've seen similar recipes that use a 15x10 jelly roll pan so that's what I used. After adding the chocolate, I stuck the pan back in the oven for 1 minute to help melt the chocolate, then spread it out. Thanks so much for the recipe!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt together sugar and butter to a rolling boil.
- While sugar/butter mixture is melting, spread a jelly roll pan with foil and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Line the foil with 1 layer of saltines.
- Once the butter/sugar is to a rolling boil, pour over the crackers and pop into to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- As soon as you remove them from the oven, pour the chocolate chips over the top, wait about 1 minute and spread the chocolate with a knife. Let them cool, if you can wait that long.