Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This chicken has a lot of spices on it, but it's well worth the work.
- any chicken parts
- 3 cups flour
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- black pepper
- louisiana hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- shortening (for frying) or oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the chicken and pat dry.
- Start heating the oil.
- Season the chicken to taste with hot sauce, season salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Pour 1/4 cup of Italian dressing over the chicken and roll it around to coat it good.
- Take a heavy brown paper bag and add flour and a small amount of each of the dry spices. Shake to mix well. When the oil is good and hot, place a couple of pieces of chicken in the bag. Shake to coat well. Remove the chicken and shake off excess flour. Place in hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Repeat with the rest of chicken frying 3 to 4 pieces at a time.