Tracy Graves's Note:
These super soft chocolate chip cookies are my daughter Brittanys' favorite. She likes soft cookies, and these are about the best ones I have found.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups butter, softened (can use margarine)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (18 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Cream the butter, eggs, molasses, vanilla, and water with a kitchen mixer in a glass mixing bowl.
- 2In a large bowl, sift together the sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- 3Combine the moist mixture with the dry mixture.
- 4Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 5Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, and place them 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake at 350 for 8 minutes, or until light brown around edges.
- 7Make sure not to overbake.
- 8Cool on a wire rack.
- 9Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brittany's Favorite Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2667.2
- Calories from Fat 1209
- Total Fat 134.3 g
- Saturated Fat 81.9 g
- Cholesterol 349.7 mg
- Sodium 1886.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 363.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 230.3 g
- Protein 25.6 g