Recipe by Tracy Graves
These super soft chocolate chip cookies are my daughter Brittanys' favorite. She likes soft cookies, and these are about the best ones I have found.
Top Review by yogi
They really are nice and soft and chewy! The kids love them. One son actually asked for a batch with no chocolate chips!!! He just wants the cookie part cause it's so good. The only thing I did differently was to add the sugars to the butter when I creamed them because the butter and liquids never came together for me. Great recipe, Tracy!
- 2 cups butter, softened (can use margarine)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (18 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter, eggs, molasses, vanilla, and water with a kitchen mixer in a glass mixing bowl.
- In a large bowl, sift together the sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Combine the moist mixture with the dry mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, and place them 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes, or until light brown around edges.
- Make sure not to overbake.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.