1/4 Photos of Brit's Cheesy Onion Home Fries
This twist on a breakfast favorite comes from my daughter Brittany, who is a cheese and onion lover. Great for lunch and as a dinner side also!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave potatoes as you would for a baked potato, but cook until*slightly* underdone- 4 take 12-14 minutes on my microwave (or use leftover baked/cooked potatoes).
- 2When cool enough to handle, quarter potatoes and then cut into about 1 inch pieces (we leave the skins on).
- 3Heat 2 tbl of butter or oil in a large non-stick skillet (or if you just cooked bacon in the pan, you can reserve some of the bacon grease and use that to fry in).
- 4On medium heat, add onions and cook until 1 or 2 minutes before adding potatoes, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- 5Let cook for a few minutes, flipping or stirring gently, until onions are tender and potatoes are to desired crispness.
- 6If necessary, add additional butter or oil to prevent sticking.
- 7Remove home fries from pan and transfer into microwavable casserole dish.
- 8Sprinkle with one cup of cheese and fold in gently.
- 9Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- 10Sprinkle a bit of parsley on top, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brit's Cheesy Onion Home Fries
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.1
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.9 mg
- Sodium 497.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 14.5 g