Recipe by Sharon123
A recipe from Great Britain, this can be kept in a jar and used with salads, or on it's own! Enjoy!
Top Review by cookiedog
This was a fun recipe to make and I bet kids would get a kick out of making it too. I let my yogurt sit 24 hours before rolling it into balls. Then I rolled them into balls and put in the fridge 24 hours. I rolled them in basil and then dropped them in olive oil. (Looking at the recipe now, I see I was supposed to let them sit another 24 hours before placing them in the oil) I've never had British Yogurt Cheese so I don't know how it compares, but I do know that these were really creamy and had a wonderful flavor from the olive oil and basil! I can't wait to share them with some cocktails and good friends! Made for family picks ZWT 6 by an Unruly Under the INfluence. Thank you Sharon!
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a piece of cloth or coffee filter in a sieve.
- Mix the yogurt with cream and salt and pour it in the cloth. Drain for 12 hours, throw away the fluid.
- Form balls of the drained yogurt, and put them uncovered in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Roll them in the oregano and basil (or other herbs) and put them in the fridge for another 24 hours.
- Stack them in a glass jar and cover with olive oil.
- Keep in the fridge. Enjoy!