Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from a recipe exchange and I haven't tried it yet. Although it seems like a lot of whiskey, I will make it next time my brothers-in-law come to dinner. I'm sure they'll appreciate it!
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup whiskey
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons whiskey
- Rinse the chicken pieces; pat dry with paper towel.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet brown the chicken in butter or margarine for 15 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Add the 1 cup whiskey to skillet; cover and simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from pan juices.
- Add enough water to juices, if necessary, to measure 2/3 cup liquid.
- Return to skillet.
- Stir in mushrooms and green onions.
- Cook and stir just till onions are tender.
- Combine cream and flour; add to mixture in skillet.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and the 2 teaspoons whiskey.
- Serve over chicken.
I made this last night and i am sorry to say it was not good for me. Honestly noone ate the chicken.
I made this with boneless, skinless chicken breasts and the chicken was really juicy! I left out the butter and just sauted in nonstick cooking spray. The sauce was really bland -- needed salt or something to give it a little "kick", but overall a good recipe!