1 hr 5 mins
Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
I got this recipe from a recipe exchange and I haven't tried it yet. Although it seems like a lot of whiskey, I will make it next time my brothers-in-law come to dinner. I'm sure they'll appreciate it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the chicken pieces; pat dry with paper towel.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3In a skillet brown the chicken in butter or margarine for 15 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- 4Add the 1 cup whiskey to skillet; cover and simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 5Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- 7Skim fat from pan juices.
- 8Add enough water to juices, if necessary, to measure 2/3 cup liquid.
- 9Return to skillet.
- 10Stir in mushrooms and green onions.
- 11Cook and stir just till onions are tender.
- 12Combine cream and flour; add to mixture in skillet.
- 13Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- 14Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- 15Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and the 2 teaspoons whiskey.
- 16Serve over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for British Whiskey Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.4
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 126.8 mg
- Sodium 134.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 27.8 g