Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Another traditionally british recipe, which we have 'texas-ized'
Make and share this British / Texas Style Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich Filling recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 eckrich sausage
- liquid smoke
- Fill a large saucepan with water approximately half full, and add a dash of salt. Bring to the boil.
- Gently lower in eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Maintain a steady boil for approximately 4-5 minutes until eggs are hardboiled.
- Drain eggs, and run under cold water for 2 minutes. Peel off shells.
- Slice eggs using an egg slicer, or alternatively put into a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add in 4tbsp of mayonnaise and stir so that all of the eggs are evenly covered (adjusting to personal taste). Mix in pepper to taste, a splash of lemon juice and a dash of salt. Set aside.
- Slice Eckrich Sausage lengthways, and fry in a small frying pan with a splash of liquid smoke for 2-3 minutes until sausage is browned on the surface. Remove from pan.
- Slice Sausage into small pieces and mix into egg mixture.
- Allow mixture to cool, then spoon generously over buttered bread, or into a buttered bollero roll. (The butter prevents the bread from getting soggy if you're making this in advance for a lunch / picnic etc!) This recipe is great to make in advance and keep in the fridge for a quick sandwich etc.
- Enjoy ;).