1/1 Photo of British Scones (Makeover - Light)
WI Cheesehead's Note:
I went to a talk by a person from Taste of Home and she made some recipes that were "made over" to make it healthier and lower fat. This is one of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Combine the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- 5Add to crumb mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
- 6Turn onto a floured surface and knead gently 6-8 times.
- 7Pat dough into a 6-inch circle and cut into eight wedges.
- 8Separate wedges and place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 9Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- 10Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire rack and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for British Scones (Makeover - Light)
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.7
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 304.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g