Recipe by Mille®
A taste of Merry Olde England!
Top Review by Claire #3
I don't know if I can review this twice, but my friend made this recipe and here's her review. She added 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. "We LOVED the scones. Sooooo GOOD. I could eat these everyday. I must have this recipe. They were perfect, like a biscuit but sweeter. Yum, yum, yum!" I told her she had to sign up on Recipezaar :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup sodium-free margarine
- 1⁄8 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and enough milk to mix to soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface, knead lightly and roll out to a 3/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into 2-inch rounds and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with milk to glaze.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with butter or clotted cream and jam.