Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yummy discovery for the Zaar World Tour.
Make and share this British Raspberry Oaties recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml self-raising flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter, plus extra for greasing
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml caster sugar
- 297.66 g fresh raspberries (or frozen)
- Grease a Swiss roll tin (jelly roll pan) and preheat the oven to 190C/375°F If using frozen raspberries, allow to defrost and drain.
- Mix the flour and salt and roughly rub in the butter.
- Stir the oats and sugar into the mixture and use your hands to combine (it will be a thick doughy mixture).
- Press half of the oat mixture into the prepared tin. Sprinkle over the raspberries, squashing slightly if using fresh raspberries, to release the juice. Cover with the remaining oat mixture then press down firmly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then cut into squares.
There is no way this small amount of dough could ever cover a jelly roll pan. I used a regular cake pan and it was a real stretch. The bars came our very thin. Having said that, they are delicious.
Fresh raspberries are in season here, and am I ever glad they are! This is a delicious and simple recipe, thanks Bethie!
This is a wonderfully nice and refreshing bite to eat. It is NOT too sweet, and the raspberries add a certain tartness that is super at midday. Thank you for a nice recipe.