Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A recipe from Ricardo posted for ZWT8
Make and share this British Plum Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb beef suet, finely chopped
- 6 cups fresh raisin breadcrumbs
- 4 cups golden raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 cup mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup candied citrus peel
- 10 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup brandy
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Butter two 20 x 10-cm (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans. Line with parchment paper, letting it hang over 2 opposites sides.
- In a bowl, combine the suet, breadcrumbs, raisins, candied fruit and candied peel. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
- Divide the batter between the pans. Cover and seal tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a water bath for 7 hours. The simmering water bath must be maintained halfway up the loaf pans. Add water if necessary during baking.
- Remove the puddings from the water and let cool. Unmould from the pans and wrap tightly. They can be stored for up to 3 months in a cool place or in the refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the sugar, flour and butter. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer gently over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Tips: Freezes well.