1 hr 15 mins
Great one dish meals for seafood lovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fennel bulbs, cleaned and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 8 -10 ripe plum tomatoes, peeled,seeded and diced or 1 (25 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1 cup fish stock or 1 cup clam broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb mussels, in shell
- 1 lb clams in shell
- 8 ounces shucked scallops
- 1 lb prawns or 1 lb shrimp, in the shell
- 8 ounces salmon fillets
- 8 ounces white fish fillets (halibut, cod, bass et al)
- garlic butter, as needed
- French bread, as needed
- 1To make tomato sauce:
- 2Heat 4 T. olive oil over low to medium heat, and cook onion, 4 minced cloves garlic and fennel until vegetables begin to soften.
- 3Add tomatoes and increase heat to medium-high; cook until mixture bubbles.
- 4Stir in 1/2 c. wine and the fish stock.
- 5Lower heat and cook gently for about 15 minutes, until liquid is reduced to sauce-like consistency.
- 6Season with salt & pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- 7Prepare fish:
- 8Wash shellfish and shell prawns if necessary.
- 9Cut fish into 2 inch cubes.
- 10Heat 2 T. olive oil in a pot large enough to hold all the seafood.
- 11Saute 2 remaining minced garlic cloves over low to medium heat until soft but not browned.
- 12Add salmon, whitefish and prawns and saute for 3 to 4 minutes over increased heat.
- 13Add mussels, clams, scallops and remaining cup of white wine.
- 14Simmer until clams and mussels begin to open and prawns begin to change color.
- 15Add tomato sauce and simmer until heated through.
- 16Serve in bowls with garlic butter and plenty of french bread.
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for British Columbia Bouillabaisse
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.4
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.0 mg
- Sodium 1025.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 43.1 g