Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an awesome no-bake chocolate cheesecake that is quick to whip up and then just needs 3h to chill. It's designed to be made with sweet dark English chocolate (e.g. Bournville), rather than really 'good' 75% brands, or US chocolate so may not work so well with American brands, and it needs quark, which I know is pretty hard to get outside of Europe, so no promises if you end up making it with substitutes! It is well worth waiting the full time for the cake to set as the flavour is so much better when it's stiff. This was planned to serve 10, but we cut it into 12 and it still took us forever to eat because it's so rich!
- Line an 8 inch spring form tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and mix with the crushed digestive biscuits.
- Press the mix into the base of the tin.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Mix the cream cheese and quark, then beat in the chocolate.
- Add the double cream and icing sugar.
- Beat this mixture thoroughly and then pile on top of the biscuit base.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hours.