Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is great for a weekend breakfast. I have leftovers the next day and it tastes great as well. I found this on the internet as 'exported for Mastercook'. I used cheddar cheese instead of Swiss and omitted the 2 teaspoons of horseradish since we don’t care for it. You could also use cooked bacon instead of the ham and I think next time I may throw in some chopped green peppers and/or onions as well. I hope you give it a try. A fantastic brunch dish or if you have guests staying over.
- Preheat oven to 325. Generously grease an 8 x 8 x 2" baking dish.
- Arrange English muffin halves in bottom of baking dish.
- Place a tomato slice on each muffin half.
- Divide the cheese over top of each tomato.
- Divide the ham over top of each muffin.
- In a medium bowl beat milk and flour until smooth.
- Add eggs, chives, salt and pepper to the flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour the egg mixture around the English muffin halves.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and centre is set.
- Cut into serving sizes to serve.
The was an amazing recipe. Instead of ham I used sausages. Also whipped the eggs a little and when it baked, the eggs puffed up and looked wonderful. Thank you for posting.
Super, easy to put together and I served it for a brunch with my friends. It smelled and tasted very good! I only substituted half of the eggs with eggbeaters with chives. Thanks for such a nice recipe.
We had this for Christmas breakfast, it was beautiful. The taste was EXCELLENT! We liked it so much I made it the next day too LOL. I used Sharp Cheddar and a small sprinkling of cayenne powder.