Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is great for a weekend breakfast. I have leftovers the next day and it tastes great as well. I found this on the internet as 'exported for Mastercook'. I used cheddar cheese instead of Swiss and omitted the 2 teaspoons of horseradish since we don’t care for it. You could also use cooked bacon instead of the ham and I think next time I may throw in some chopped green peppers and/or onions as well. I hope you give it a try. A fantastic brunch dish or if you have guests staying over.
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced in 4
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons chives, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces cooked ham, diced
- Preheat oven to 325. Generously grease an 8 x 8 x 2" baking dish.
- Arrange English muffin halves in bottom of baking dish.
- Place a tomato slice on each muffin half.
- Divide the cheese over top of each tomato.
- Divide the ham over top of each muffin.
- In a medium bowl beat milk and flour until smooth.
- Add eggs, chives, salt and pepper to the flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour the egg mixture around the English muffin halves.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and centre is set.
- Cut into serving sizes to serve.
Nice presentation, enjoyed by all ages. I would make sure to use a stronger cheddar cheese thatn the one I used the next time I make it.
This was a nice tasting all in one breakfast. We liked the flavor the sliced fresh tomato added to the dish. Easy to make. Didn't make any changes to the recipe. Thanks Summerwine. Bullwinkle bullwinkl
The was an amazing recipe. Instead of ham I used sausages. Also whipped the eggs a little and when it baked, the eggs puffed up and looked wonderful. Thank you for posting.