1/5 Photos of British Bread and Butter Pudding
2 hrs 20 mins
Found for the World Tour 2005 - yet *another* version of Bread & Butter Pudding!! "Very fattening but lovely, and warming too on a cold winter night." He he. I have not made this *yet* so I guesstimated at some of the proportions (butter, brown sugar & fruit) - please adjust to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter the slices all over, both sides and line the dish.
- 2Sprinkle over the dried fruit or other fruits (fig and banana -- ).
- 3Sprinkle approximately 2TB brown sugar over that and add a cover of more buttered bread, covering all the fruit.
- 4Pierce the bread a few times and then slowly pour over the milk, letting it all soak into the bread before adding more. When the bread is really sopping with milk sprinkle about 1TB more brown sugar over the top and then a little cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- 5Bake in a low oven, approx 140C, 275F, for a couple of hours until it rises up and the sugar caramelizes on top.
- 6Serve hot with ice cream or cold with custard.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for British Bread and Butter Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.6
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 429.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 9.2 g