1/1 Photo of British Bacon Butty/ Sandwich
A bacon sandwich is a very British breakfast. This is my favourite version of it. The type of bacon to use is back bacon, not the typical American streaky bacon. Everyone has their favourite version of this recipe- this is just my take on a classic! My nephew is a picky eater and this sandwich was his first ever taste of bacon! To make this Weight Watchers friendly, I sometimes use the bacon medallions that have the fat trimmed off- if using these, reduce the cooking time so they don't dry out. This is also excellent served in a white roll with a fried egg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven grill to medium-high and cook the bacon until done- crisp but not dry. This should take 5-10 minutes.
- 2Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise over one side of each slice of bread.
- 3Top the mayonnaise with a thin layer of ketchup.
- 4Place the bacon on one slice of bread and top with the other slice of bread.
- 5Cut in half diagonally and serve hot!
- 6NB Best served with a hot cup of tea!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for British Bacon Butty/ Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 255.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: