Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 rainbow trout (1 per person)
- fresh sage
- fresh rosemary
- 1 slice bacon (per person)
- fresh thyme
- fresh parsley
- Fresh rainbow trout - cleaned; head and tail left on.
- Stuffed with a mixture of fresh rosemary, thyme, parsley, and sage loosely chopped and blended with a little butter.
- Wrap the fish in a long rasher of bacon.
- Enclose in foil and bake in a hot oven for around 25-30 minutes.
- Open top of foil and shape like a boat, paint with a little butter and serve.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and plain fresh vegetables.
- This dish used to be baked in an open fire with the fish encased in mud.
- Anthony Crowter, Cae Nest
- Hall Hotel, Llanbedr
- Merionnydd, N. Wales