Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found in many a good pub on the lunch menu.
- 2 apples, cored
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lb cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces edam cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 5 fluid ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Grate the apples coarsely and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Place them in a large bowl with cabbage, carrot, onion, cheese and parsley; mix well.
- Mix the sour cream with the milk, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning.
- Pour over the cabbage mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
Very good and healthy! The Onion gives it a good kick, kind of spices it up! Thank you!
I LOVE this. It's easy to make -- I enjoy putting it together because the ingredients are a bit different and they're delicious together. Much mayo terrifies me - it's too rich and too fattening -so I use thick yogurt in place of the mayo and sour cream. Wonderfully good, and a big bowlful feels very light and energizing. I'll probably vary this by adding a tablespoon of sour cream or sour cream and mayo for fun taste now and then. A wonderful coleslaw!!!
I had forgotten how tasty this coleslaw recipe is..its been years since I had one with cheese in it, the one I make has crushed pineapple so my family were quite surprised with the 'new' flavour. Thanks Miller!