Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From another website put in by Mindi. It was called Channukah Brisket but I wanted something more descriptive.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (4 1/2 lb) beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 bunches baby carrots, trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb green beans
- 3 onions, sliced
- In cup, combine Sundried tomatoes and water: let stand 15 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, season beef with salt, pepper and paprika.
- In sauce pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef in 1 tablespoon hot oil 10 minutes, turning once. Remove to plate; keep warm.
- In the same pot over medium heat, cook onion in remaining 1 tablespoon hot oil, stirring, 10 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes with their liquid, ketchup, brown sugar and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
- Add brisket; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 2 hours, 40 minutes.
- Add carrots and beans; continue simmering 20 minutes or until tender. Remove beef; let stand 15 minutes before carving.