1/2 Photos of Brisket With Coriander, Black Pepper and Brown Sugar
10 hrs 30 mins
Recipe by chef Richard Blais. From his cookbook, "Try This At Home" and published in the USA Today magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the brisket under cold water and pat dry. Season with the coriander, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne.
- 2Heat the oil in a roasting pan until just smoking. (Make sure area is well-ventilated). Sear the brisket until browned on all sides. Remove to platter, cover, and let stand about 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, arrange 2 long overlapping sheets of aluminum foil that are large enough to envelop the brisket on a work surface.
- 4Preheat the oven to 300 deg F.
- 5Mix the brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl to make a small paste. Rub the brisket with the paste and place on top of the foil sheets.
- 6Tightly wrap the brisket in the foil so that no mustard paste can escape.
- 7Place the brisket on a roasting rack set in a roasting pan and cook for 10 hours; when done, a paring knife should pierce the meat with ease. Let cool slightly.
- 8Unwrap the brisket, slice and serve with mashed potatoes.
- 9Leftover brisket can be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brisket With Coriander, Black Pepper and Brown Sugar
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.7
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 1602.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 29.1 g