Recipe by Oolala
And dry onion soup mix, seasoned salt, garlic and paprika. From Cooking Up Something Special, the sisterhood of Temple Beth Ahm, 1986, This was submitted by Rose Widom. I like collecting different brisket/pot roast recipes and this one sounds different. Haven't tried it yet.
- 1 (5 -6 lb) beef brisket
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- seasoning salt, to taste
- paprika, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Season meat and put in a heavy Dutch oven, uncovered and broil 10 minutes per side until browned. Remove from oven.
- Add the onion soup mix and nectar and cover and put back in oven at 300 degrees F. for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, according to tenderness desired.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Slice meat and reheat slowly.