Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
And dry onion soup mix, seasoned salt, garlic and paprika. From Cooking Up Something Special, the sisterhood of Temple Beth Ahm, 1986, This was submitted by Rose Widom. I like collecting different brisket/pot roast recipes and this one sounds different. Haven't tried it yet.
- 1 (5 -6 lb) beef brisket
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- seasoning salt, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- Season meat and put in a heavy Dutch oven, uncovered and broil 10 minutes per side until browned. Remove from oven.
- Add the onion soup mix and nectar and cover and put back in oven at 300 degrees F. for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, according to tenderness desired.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Slice meat and reheat slowly.
Wow, I never would have thought of using apricot nectar with any beef recipe... except maybe beef tenderloin. But this sounds fantastic