Recipe source: local newspaper
Make and share this Brisket Wiith Sweet Potatoes (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 chipotle pepper, seeded and minced (canned in adobe sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 (4 lb) beef brisket, trimmed
- 3 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- In a large (6 quart) slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients (beer - garlic).
- Rub the brisket with the chile powder, place in slow cooker, turning to coat. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Add potatoes and cook for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and potatoes, skim fat from sauce in slow cooker.Keep sauce in slow cooker.
- Slice meat and potatoes and return to slow cooker. Can be kept on warm for another 2 hours.