1/1 Photo of Brisket Wiith Sweet Potatoes (Crock Pot)
9 hrs 10 mins
Recipe source: local newspaper
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 chipotle pepper, seeded and minced (canned in adobe sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 (4 lb) beef brisket, trimmed
- 3 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1In a large (6 quart) slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients (beer - garlic).
- 2Rub the brisket with the chile powder, place in slow cooker, turning to coat. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- 3Add potatoes and cook for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- 4Remove meat and potatoes, skim fat from sauce in slow cooker.Keep sauce in slow cooker.
- 5Slice meat and potatoes and return to slow cooker. Can be kept on warm for another 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brisket Wiith Sweet Potatoes (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.8
- Calories from Fat 545
- Total Fat 60.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 557.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 42.1 g