Chef #661355's Note:
A hearty meal that puts a twist on the usual "meat and potatoes". I usually buy a 2 to 3 pound pre-seasoned brisket and let it slowly cook in a crockpot on low for 6-8 hours and serve the night before I'm wanting to make this stew and just use the leftovers, usually half the entire brisket, in this stew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice potatoes into small cubes; add to large pot with beef stock.
- 2Add enough water to cover the potatoes; bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are done.
- 3While potatoes are cooking, finely chop onion.
- 4Add butter, onion and mushrooms to a separate pan and saute until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender.
- 5Chop the cooked brisket into bite sized pieces.
- 6Add brisket, mushrooms, onions, half and half and the seasonings and simmer for 15-20 minutes. To help stew to thicken, mash some of the potatoes to release their starch or add a little cornstarch.
- 7Salt and pepper to desired taste.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brisket Potato Stew
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.5
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 634.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 19.0 g