Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a wonderfully tasty recipe for your crockpot. The sauce is a great addition. Hope you enjoy as much as I do!
- 1 (3 -4 lb) center cut beef brisket, trimmed of fat
- liquid smoke (Haddon House makes a bottled one)
- onion salt
- garlic salt
- celery salt
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
Cranberry Horseradish Sauce ingredients
- 1 lb whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Add liberal amounts of smoke and salts to both sides of the brisket, rub them in well.
- Place brisket in crockpot and add a little water.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or till the beef is fork tender.
- During the last hour of cooking add the barbeque sauce.
- Serve with the Cranberry Horseradish sauce.
- To make the Sauce: In a pan on the stove, heat all ingredients until the butter and brown sugar are melted and well mixed. Serve warm with the Brisket.
One of the homebound neighbors I cook for now & then had family visiting them so I made this main dish & took it over! I did leave out the peppercorns but when making the salt rub (a tablespoon of the onion, garlic & celery salt) I included 2 teaspoons of freshly ground pepper! This was easy to prepare, & the sauce was very tasty ~ I liked the combo of cranberry & horseradish, although another I might decrease the amount of the latter! Anyway, from the raves of my neighbors & their family, it was a bit hit! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]