Recipe by Lauren
This is a very simple, easy no brainer way to make a delicous fall apart beef brisket.
Top Review by Scott's Sassy Girl
I have prepared the brisket of beef the same way you do for about 35 years. I got the recipe in Texas, we love it because it is so easy to prepare and so tasty. I also have put some dried herbs in it. The first time a prepared it I put sliced fresh sweet onions on top, but the dry onion soup mix is excellent I always baked it 300 but I tried your recipe and baked 250 for 5 hours it is very tender more so than the recipe I have used. Thanks Scotts Sassy Girl
- 1 beef brisket
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 -2 cup water
- potato (optional)
- carrot (optional)
- celery (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put brisket in roasting pan.
- Dump onion soup mix on top.
- Pour water over about 1/2 inch into pan.
- Stir a little.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Put into oven at 250 degrees-middle rack.
- Forget about it for at least 5 hours.
- Take it out, cut against the grain, it should fall apart and be very tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.