Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a very simple, easy no brainer way to make a delicous fall apart beef brisket.
- 1 beef brisket
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 -2 cup water
- potato (optional)
- carrot (optional)
- celery (optional)
- Put brisket in roasting pan.
- Dump onion soup mix on top.
- Pour water over about 1/2 inch into pan.
- Stir a little.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Put into oven at 250 degrees-middle rack.
- Forget about it for at least 5 hours.
- Take it out, cut against the grain, it should fall apart and be very tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I have prepared the brisket of beef the same way you do for about 35 years. I got the recipe in Texas, we love it because it is so easy to prepare and so tasty. I also have put some dried herbs in it. The first time a prepared it I put sliced fresh sweet onions on top, but the dry onion soup mix is excellent I always baked it 300 but I tried your recipe and baked 250 for 5 hours it is very tender more so than the recipe I have used. Thanks Scotts Sassy Girl
So simple and delicious. Pure comfort food. It was hard to wait the five hours, but worth every minute. Thanks for posting!
I've made it this way at home. Commercially, for the larger ones, I cover it on the fat side with 1 cup of mixed with 1/4 cup black pepper. Then roast in a hot oven to rare before slicing off most of the fat and the salt mix. I seldom get any at home because everyone digs in.