Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mop sauce for Brisket.
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup coffee
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (recommended ( Tabasco sauce)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Simmer about 20 minutes. Mop Brisket every 15 minutes while cooking at 190 degrees -- about one hour per pound in smoker.
Sorry, Yankeeprincess, this did not help our brisket. This sauce needs more flavor, perhaps garlic, some herbs, more Tabasco... Great idea, though, just needs some work. Made and reviewed for PAC Spring 08.