Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Put in Ziploc bag with brisket.
- Marinate overnight, turning once.
- Lift brisket out of the marinade and cook as you like.
Thanks, Shelly! The fridge died and I was left with all the meat thawed, including a brisket, and none of the condiments I usually use. This saved the brisket! I've never used Liquid Smoke for this cut before, although I had some in the cabinet for summer sausage. I'd wondered when it made such a small amount but trusted your note in the recipe and you're right! I ended up marinading it for almost 24 hrs and then cooked it in the crockpot. It was very flavorful - tangy and smoky - and I have a feeling the leftovers would have been even moreso...if there had been any! ;o) I'm not sure it will replace our main recipe, but we now have the perfect backup. A definite 4.5 stars!