Brisket from Southern Living
- Brown meat in olive oil over high heat for 5 minutes per side.
- Place meat in a lightly greased pan 13 X 9.
- Stir together vinegar and next 6 ingredients (everything from the vinegar through the dry onion soup packet).
- Pour over the meat.
- Add the water to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F. for 2 hours; basting every hour.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. and bake for an additional hour.
- Skim fat and serve drippings with meat. Cut against the grain of the meat.