Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Found this in my holiday recipe box.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) beef brisket
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- Brown meat in olive oil over high heat for 5 minutes per side.
- Place meat in a lightly greased pan 13 X 9.
- Stir together vinegar and next 6 ingredients (everything from the vinegar through the dry onion soup packet).
- Pour over the meat.
- Add the water to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F. for 2 hours; basting every hour.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. and bake for an additional hour.
- Skim fat and serve drippings with meat. Cut against the grain of the meat.