Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a favorite recipe of mine that I used to serve only for the holidays but by popular demand I make it more often as a pot roast.
- 4 -6 lbs beef brisket (or pot roast)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 box baby portabella mushrooms, sliced (or 1 lrg can of mushrooms)
- 3⁄4 cup lentils (uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup barley
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 -4 tablespoons minced garlic (or equivalent)
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- In roaster place meat on top of onion and garlic then cover with remaining onion and garlic.
- Place remaining ingredients around the meat, then fill with water just to (not covering) top of meat, pour Teriyaki over everything.
- Cover and place in 325 degree oven for 3-3 1/2 hrs.