Recipe by Michelle Figueroa
This is a delicious method of preparing a mouth-watering brisket in the crock pot or slow cooker. This recipe uses Claude's Brisket Marinade Sauce which is widely available in Texas. Since I don't live in texas we order it from http://www.claudessauces.com. Trust me, it is worth ordering it! The Sazon can be found in most Mexican isles at the grocery store. We like to shred the brisket and serve in tortillas with sour cream and chili sauce (recipe number 20629). Enjoy!
Top Review by glowe2
Outstanding! I have made this Brisket twice for special occasions. I had a relative send me Claude's Marinde from Texas. I have passed this recipe on to others because it was such a big hit.
- 5 lbs beef brisket
- 1 cup marinade, Claudes Brisket Marinade Sauce
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sazon goya (one envelope)
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter the onion and layer half the onion in the bottom of a crock pot or slow cooker.
- Place brisket on top of onion, fat side up, and top with remaining onion.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over brisket.
- Cook on low for six hours.
- If you wish you can add a few potatoes during the last few hours.