Top Review by Katanashrp
Mmmm this smelled heavenly while cooking. As a matter of fact the aroma was so irresistible I couldn't wait 4 hours and dug in after 2 1/2 hours which I later regretted because of course it wasn't ready. Next time I'll make it (very soon) I'll need one of those Beefeaters (English Guards)...oh wait, lol. Thank you.
- 3 -4 lbs beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon oil (or enough to coat your pot)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- If possible use non-stick pot.
- Coat your meat with the ground pepper (I do not use salt, but you can if you like, not too much).
- Place the brisket in the pot when the oil is medium hot and slowly brown all sides.
- After about a 1/2 hour add all the above spices to the pot, (try to coat the meat with the spices, as well) then add the two cups water (or enough to cover the meat), cover the pot and cook over low heat for about 3-4 hours or until the meat is fork tender.