Cook2 hrs 30 mins
From "Bread Machine Magic." This recipe makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf.
Make and share this Briscoe's Irish Brown Bread (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk (or 5 tablespoons dry buttermilk powder and 1 1/4 cups water)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread pan, select Light Crust setting, and press Start.
- After the baking cycle ends, remove bread from pan, place on cake rack, and allow to cool 1 hour before slicing.