Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sourced from europeancuisine.com. A twist to rice pudding with pears.
Make and share this Brischtner Nytlae (Dried Pears in Spice Wine) recipe from Food.com.
- 16 dried pears
- 400 ml red wine
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 1 clove
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- lemon juice
- 200 ml milk
- 50 g rice
- / 2 t butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon kefir or 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- granulated sugar
- walnuts, freshly roasted
- angelica, finely chopped
- Pour enough boiling water over the pears to cover and set aside overnight.
- Next day drain the pears.
- In a small saucepan bring wine, cinnamon, sugar and clove to a boil. Add the pears and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the pears, set aside. Keep the wine.
- Now stir the honey in to the wine. Bring to a simmer and reduce liquid over moderate heat to half its volume. Remove spices.
- Stir the butter into the sauce and season with 2-3 drops of lemon juice. Keep warm.
- To make the rice pudding bring milk to a boil. Add a pinch of salt, stir in the rice and cook until tender. Stir the butter into the rice. Stir in the sugar (you may need more if you have a sweet tooth). Let cool. Add the walnuts, stir in the kefir and the whipped cream.
- This dish should be served a room temperature. Place the rice in a bowl and the arrange the pears on top. Drizzle with sauce and garnish with the chopped angelica.