Brischtner Nytlae (Dried Pears in Spice Wine)
- Pour enough boiling water over the pears to cover and set aside overnight.
- Next day drain the pears.
- In a small saucepan bring wine, cinnamon, sugar and clove to a boil. Add the pears and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the pears, set aside. Keep the wine.
- Now stir the honey in to the wine. Bring to a simmer and reduce liquid over moderate heat to half its volume. Remove spices.
- Stir the butter into the sauce and season with 2-3 drops of lemon juice. Keep warm.
- To make the rice pudding bring milk to a boil. Add a pinch of salt, stir in the rice and cook until tender. Stir the butter into the rice. Stir in the sugar (you may need more if you have a sweet tooth). Let cool. Add the walnuts, stir in the kefir and the whipped cream.
- This dish should be served a room temperature. Place the rice in a bowl and the arrange the pears on top. Drizzle with sauce and garnish with the chopped angelica.