Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I looked here first for a shepherd's pie recipe but couldn't find one that sounded like what I was craving so I made my own and WOW, am I impressed with myself. It's so easy, but tastes like it's homemade!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups prepared four cheese instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- combine ground beef and onion and cook in until beef is done and onions are tender and translucent.
- drain off most of fat.
- add soup and veggies, cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- spoon into shallow casserole dish.
- spread mashed potatoes on top.
- sprinkle with cheese.
- bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
Simple and very tasty! I used cream of mushroom soup, since that's what I had, and I topped it with homemade mashed potatoes (mixed with cream cheese). Great tasting and my 2 year old daughter loved it too! Thanks for posting!
I made this tonight. It tasted good, but I did not like the veggies. May try canned veggies next time. I had a problem knowing what size dish to use since it was not specified. I used a shallow dish and had to put it in a deeper dish before I put it in the oven. It still boiled over in the oven. I have quite a mess to clean up! It makes a huge amount. May try to half it next time. Will try this again. Thanks for the recipe!
I made this about 2 weeks ago made enough for 4 pies sent one home with daughter and grandson and ate one and froze the other 2(without the mashed taters). I didnt have frozen veggies so i added 1 can each cream corn and green beans. Excelent for the grandson and mainly me cause I am having major problems with my teeth.