Recipe by Jellyqueen
I found this in a very old Southern Living cookbook. I have not tried these yet, but they are in the plan for the near future.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and cut in cold butter.
- Add the eggs and yeast and mix until smooth.
- Drop into greased and floured large muffin cups, approximately 3 tablespoons, and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in 450 degree F oven for 8 minutes.
- Brush with water and serve warm.