24 hrs 45 mins
This is surprisingly easy to make at home. Baking bread can sometimes seem too time consuming, but, while this one needs to sit overnight in the refrigerator, it doesn't require all that kneading. This recipe is for two loaves, so you can freeze one for later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the water, yeast, and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment If the bowl is cold, start with warmer water, so it's at least 110 degrees when you add the yeast.
- 2Mix with your hands and allow to stand for 5 minutes until the yeast and sugar dissolve.
- 3Add the eggs and beat on medium speed for 1 minutes, until well mixed.
- 4With the mixer on low speed, add 2 cups of the flour and the salt and mix for 5 minutes.
- 5With the mixer still on low, add 2 more cups of flour and mix for 5 more minutes.
- 6Still on low speed, add the soft butter in chunks and mix for 2 minutes, scraping down the beater, until well blended.
- 7With the mixer still running, sprinkle in the remaining 1/4 cup of flour.
- 8Switch the paddle attachemt to a dough hook and mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- 9Scrape the dough into a large buttered bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- 10Refrigerate overnight.
- 11The next day allow the dough to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 12Greast two 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2 loaf pans.
- 13Turn the dough onto alightly floured board, and cut in half.
- 14Pat each portion into a 6 X 8 inch rectangle, then roll up each rectangle into a cylandrical loaf, Place each loaf, seam side up, into a greased pan.
- 15Cover the pans with a damp towel and set aside to rise at room temperature until doubled in volume, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 16Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 17When the loaves have risen, brush the top of each with the egg wash and bake for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back and it sounds slightly hollow when tapped.
- 18Turn the loaves out onto a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brioche Loaves
Serving Size: 1 (1298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2151.2
- Calories from Fat 1032
- Total Fat 114.7 g
- Saturated Fat 65.0 g
- Cholesterol 1086.8 mg
- Sodium 2626.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 223.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 53.6 g