Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
Courtesy of Bon Appetit! The best!!!!!!
- 1 lb brioche bread, crusts trimmed and reserved, bread cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Place bread cubes in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Whisk eggs, whipping cream, milk, sugar, Frangelico, vanilla extract and almond extract in large bowl to blend. Pour over bread cubes. Let stand 30 minutes, occasionally pressing bread into custard mixture. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Preheat oven to 350°F Arrange reserved bread crusts on baking sheet and bake until dry, about 10 minutes. Cool. Maintain oven temperature. Transfer crusts to food processor and grind until fine crumbs form. Sprinkle 1 cup crust crumbs over top of pudding. Bake until pudding is set in center, about 40 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve warm.