Recipe by lucid501
This comes from Costco.com in their online cookbook, "Cooking the Costco Way". Cook time includes rising time. ZWT 3: France
Top Review by The Fat Man
This bread has absolutely no taste -- recipe followed meticulously, but results not worth the effort or the waste of the eggs and butter. Moreover, the dough was very wet and sticky -- maybe that is always the case with Brioche, I just don't know -- but there was no way to shape this into a round ball without rolling in flour on the board.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a large stand mixer.
- Mix 1 minute on low speed with the paddle attachment and then scrape down the bowl.
- Change to the dough hook attachment and mix 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Roll dough on a floured work surface and round into a smooth ball.
- Place dough in a large buttered bowl; cover and let rise for 4 hours in a warm place (or until doubled).
- Roll dough on a floured work surface. Shape to fit a greased loaf pan; cover and let rise again for 1 1/2 hours or until dough reaches the top of the pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.