Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Brinjal is another word for egg plant. This is an Indian vegetarian dish.
Make and share this Brinjal Sambal recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice egg plant in half and put in a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for about one hour until the egg plant looks greyish.
- Scoop it out and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and add onio.
- Then add spices.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chillies and egg plant and cook until the vegetables are cooked and you may need to add a little water as you're cooking it so that it doesn't get too dry.
Simply scrumptious--a great vegetarian entree!
I posted a comment earlier, but for some reason it got nixed. I made this dish last night and it was great! I used canned tomatoes instead of fresh. I love eggplant and am always trying to find new recipes for it. Hope this review makes it this time :-)
I made this dish for supper tonight for my DD and myself. My DH is a meat and potatoes man so I thought I would try this as he is working tonight. I made it just as the recipe said, using the fresh tomato option and 5 chilies. I did need to add about 1/4 cup water as suggested to keep it from drying out. WE LOVED IT! A very good spicy vegetarian dish. Thanks, Ranikabani!