- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 canned tomatoes or 2 big fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 3 -6 green chilies (depending on how hot you like it!)
- 1 cardamom
- 2 cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice egg plant in half and put in a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for about one hour until the egg plant looks greyish.
- Scoop it out and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and add onio.
- Then add spices.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chillies and egg plant and cook until the vegetables are cooked and you may need to add a little water as you're cooking it so that it doesn't get too dry.