1 hr 10 mins
Norahs Girl's Note:
This serves a lot but my children love whats left for lunch the next day. I serve it with garlic pesto bread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 brinjal, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (i usually add 2-3 more,but we love garlic!)
- 1/2 lb button mushroom, quartered
- 6 -8 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine (can add a wee drop more if wanted)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken if you,re not a veggie)
- 1/2 lb pasta (of your choice, i used small macaroni)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Heat the oil and fry the brinjal, for several minutes until lightly browned, drain on kitchen paper.
- 2Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to the pan, add more oil if necessary.
- 3Cook until the onion is soft.
- 4Combine tomatoes, wine and stock in a pot, simmer for 15 minutes or until thick.
- 5Stir in brinjal and onion mushroom mixture.
- 6Cook pasta until tender, drain.
- 7Combine pasta with half of the brinjal mixture.
- 8Spread into a large ovenproof dish, top with remaining brinjal mixture.
- 9Combine all ingredients for the sauce and spread over brinjal mixture.
- 10Sprinkle with cheese and Parmesan.
- 11Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brinjal (Eggplant)and Mushroom Pastitso
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 204.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: