Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This serves a lot but my children love whats left for lunch the next day. I serve it with garlic pesto bread
- 1 brinjal, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (i usually add 2-3 more,but we love garlic!)
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, quartered
- 6 -8 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red wine (can add a wee drop more if wanted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken if you,re not a veggie)
- 1⁄2 lb pasta (of your choice, i used small macaroni)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil and fry the brinjal, for several minutes until lightly browned, drain on kitchen paper.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to the pan, add more oil if necessary.
- Cook until the onion is soft.
- Combine tomatoes, wine and stock in a pot, simmer for 15 minutes or until thick.
- Stir in brinjal and onion mushroom mixture.
- Cook pasta until tender, drain.
- Combine pasta with half of the brinjal mixture.
- Spread into a large ovenproof dish, top with remaining brinjal mixture.
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce and spread over brinjal mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and Parmesan.
- Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes.