Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best Brine I have ever come across. No Longer sure where. (America's Test Kitchen?) It only requires 10 mintues prep and 2 hours in the Fridge and is worth every minute! :-)
- 3⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard (Colemann's)
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb ice cube (3 cups)
- Combine all, except ice and meat. You will have enough brine for 5 thick chops. (1-1/2 Inch thick each).
- Stir until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Add the ice cubes and stir until almost all are melted.
- Place in a ceramic dish or heavy freezer bag.
- Add your meat. be sure it is covered.
- Refrigerate NO MORE than 2 HOURS!
- Rinse well. Dry well.
- Cook as desired. No extra seasoning needed. :-).
- ** For the apple cider vinegar try to buy "BRAG ORGANIC-UNFILTERED". Most stores have it, for sure your Health Food Store.