Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this technique in and old butchers recipe book. I have been using it ever since as it really really does make meat and poultry much more flavorful. You will be amazed at the difference in the moistness and flavor.
- Mix salt with water and stir to dissolve salt.
- Cut up Chicken, brine for 8-12 hours.
- Whole chicken for roasting, brine 8-24 hours (after 24 hours the chicken can become too salty).
- Whole turkey, brine 24-48 hours.
- Pork Chops or Pork Steaks, brine for 2 hours.
- Pork Loin, brine for 8 to 24 hour.
- Pork Butt or Shoulder, brine for 24 hours.
- Mix enough brine to cover the meat completely.
- To brine use plastic bag or non-reactive bowl or pot.
- Store in refrigerator for the specified time.