My sister used to make this all the time, but had to lie to me about the cream of mushroom soup because when I was little I thought I didn't like mushrooms! She would tell me it was cream of chicken soup (which you can substitute if you wish). I loved this comfort food and am so glad I found the recipe again. Now trying to get my kids to eat it might prove to be a feat :)
- Prepare egg noodles as directed on package; drain and rinse.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine soup and milk and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked noodles, soup mixture, tuna and peas and stir gently until well coated.
- Turn into a buttered casserole or baking dish and sprinkle evenly with crushed potato chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.